Al-Azhar Islamic Foundation Sunday school
Orientation & Guidelines for 2012-2013
Dear Parents and Students,
Assalamu Alaykom. On behalf of AIF Sunday School, I would like to extend a warm welcome to all our new and returning families for the 2012-2013 school year. We are looking forward to a year filled with a lot of learning and exciting new experience.
There is a great deal of information to pass on to you at the beginning of the year. Hopefully will be able to answer many of your questions in this letter. Please feel free to contact us about any questions or concerns you may have.
We at AIF Sunday School have the full intention to promote the highest level of learning. Our main goal is student education in a facilitating environment. In order to attain this, Parents and Students must adhere to these guidelines. Our hope is that Sunday School becomes a serious part of the student’s life and is respected as well as their weekly education is.
ATTENDANCE: Classes start at 10:00am sharp. We expect all students to arrive no earlier than 9:30 and no later than 9:50. This will help facilitate a higher learning environment.
- Any Student arriving later than 9:55a at school will first be given a warning, and parents will be notified.
- If a student arrives later than 9:55am for a second, non-consecutive time, he/she will receive a second verbal warning from the Principal, and his/her parents will receive a phone call from the principal. However, if the student is arriving late for the second consecutive week, skip to step 4.
- If a student arrives beyond 9:55am for a third time, then a parent-teacher conference will be held with the principal.
- If a student arrives beyond 9:55a for a fourth time, student, principal and parent discussion will be held to decide whether the student will be given another chance to prove his/her dedication to Islamic education. Other factors will be weighed, including participation in class, grades, and progress so far.
- After the fifth late arrival, a fine will be assessed.
ABSENCE: If your child is absent for any reason, you will need to notify the office either by phone (847) 277-9910, or by e-mail: email@example.com. If the school is not notified, it is an unexcused absence. Each student is allowed a maximum of two unexcused absences per semester before the parents are brought in for a conference. The maximum of excused absences is 4 times. Also, please ensure that your child gets adequate sleep on Saturdays.
HOMEWORK: We, at AIF, have the best intentions of providing your children with the best education; however, this cannot happen without the parent’s help and support. Please take the time to review with your children any assignments and come prepared for class or for tests. Also, it is very important that they have their books and supplies.
PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES: We will have at least two Parent/Teacher conferences this year one in late November and one in early March. Dates to be determined at a later date.
DROP OFF and PICK UP: Students will be dropped off and signed in at the school entrance door. For pick-up, parents must come in and sign their children out. If someone else will be picking up your child, please send a note to the school.
PARKING: For the safety of our children, please obey the parking signs and parkIn the designated areas only.
REGISTRATION: Please make sure you fill out the registration form at the beginning of the school year. This gives the school all the emergency contact information as well as any special notes, food allergies, etc;… about your child.
PHOTO RELEASE CONSENT: This is a form that must be filled out in order for AIF to use photographs, videos, etc;…for advertising or publication in any manner.
TUITION: Tuition is due at time of registration, for the first semester, and on January 13th, 2013 for the second semester. Full tuition for first child is $200/semester. Second and third child are ½ tuition and fourth child is ¼ tuition.
LUNCH: School provides for a healthy lunch every week. However, your help and donations will be appreciated.
VOLUNTEERS: We need volunteers to help out with various activities around the school. So please come forward and sign up if your time permits.
We are looking forward to a mutually beneficial and successful year Insha”Allah.
AIF School Director